Applying knowledge, energy and insight to the residential energy sector
We work with utilities, financiers and policy-makers to deliver customised solutions based on our expertise and capabilities in the residential energy sector. Whether the ultimate objective is to define a commercial strategy, explore a new innovation or design a new business model we can provide the knowledge, expertise and insight to support you. Our multi-disciplined development, R&D and professional services teams work together to deliver detailed projects across all aspects of energy innovation in the residential sector.
We have successfully managed and delivered several ground-breaking projects over recent years in the UK, Europe and Middle East funded by both central government and large corporations.
Our project experience encompasses a broad range of R&D activities, field-based technology trials, monitoring a wide range of interventions in consumer’s homes, and data collection and analysis. Our unique combination of technical and project management experience, and our in-house customer support capability enables us to design and deliver a wide range of bespoke solutions in the smart home arena
Our core skills include implementing detailed project plans, managing and motivating field-based and technical delivery teams, monitoring risk, project budgets and project outcomes and managing a broad range of stakeholders.
Techno-economic analysis and simulation modelling
One of our core competences is the use of techno-economic analysis and simulation. We use this approach to perform bespoke analysis to evaluate the business case for new technologies with realistic assumptions. We can perform high-resolution physical simulation of houses and heating systems, allowing the comparison of different configurations and control strategies, and detailed demand profiling. We can also take a human-centric approach, including thermal comfort requirements, behavioural analysis, and understanding of hot water consumption patterns.
Customising the platform to meet our customers’ needs
One of the core benefits of our platform is its extensibility. We are able to customise and develop the platform to meet your needs. Our capabilities include:
- Assisting in integrating to existing platform APIs
- Extending platform APIs to support specific customer requirements, for example, providing APIs for O&M ticket management to third-party field force management
- Business process design and automation
- Building bespoke data feeds
- Developing specific control algorithms (modelling, simulation then implementation) for district heat customers
- Developing protocols to connect to specific in-home devices and heating plant, for example, integrating with heat pumps and a range of heat meters
- Collaborative feature development for product line strategic customers
Ready to Learn more?
Our award-winning technology increases efficiency and reduces operational costs